Carbon Cycle Simulation
Use this playful simulation to teach the carbon cycle! Made with our partners at BrainPOP.
At a Glance
- Grades: 6-12
- Playable at BrainPOP
About the Game
Learn how carbon moves through the ecosystem! In this game, players trigger events—like the burning of fossil fuel—and watch how the carbon moves among the air, ocean, rocks, and living things.
We worked with our amazing partners at BrainPOP to create a collection of simulations for their teacher-ready science materials. Our BrainPOP simulations are aligned with Next Generation Science Standards for grades 6-12.
Teach with the Game
This simulation is available at BrainPOP. To play, go to (link).
- Executive Producer: David Gagnon
- Producer: Sarah Gagnon
- Creative Director: Sarah Gagnon
- Software Development: Mike Tolly, Amelia Moser
- User Interface: Eric Lang
- Art/Animation: Emily Meredith Lewis, Eric Lang